Thursday, August 20, 2009

More Archives Coming Soon

I've been having a busy summer and haven't been blogging as much as usual, but more content is on the way. As some of you know, I was blogging for a couple of years before I moved the site over to blogspot from the dedicated Scoop server that ran the original version. Running a dedicated server was easy to do at the time because back then I was a partner in a local ISP and could just keep the server hooked up at our office location without paying any expensive co-location fees. The ISP eventually folded, I moved the blog here, and the server went into storage, which brings us to today.

Back in March I took advantage of the Internet archives to load some of my older articles onto the site. As I mentioned then, though, I was only able to load in the shorter posts. Anything with a "cut" between the introduction and the story body could not be fully retrieved because of how Google's automated spiders read the pages from web sites into the archive. Soon I will be getting access to the articles from the original server and will be adding those as well, so this site will finally span my entire blogging "career" such as it is.

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer, and I'll be making another announcement once the rest of my archived articles have been added to the site.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

No comments: