Friday, March 28, 2014

Don't Fear the Reapers

Here's another gem from my Facebook feed. Apparently, after the Rapture God is going to send "Reapers" to kill everyone, and they're going to be showing up on gigantic UFO's that are the size of Jupiter. So I guess that makes them terrorist space aliens or something.


Seeing as none of this is in the actual Bible, I'd be very interested in finding out where this theology comes from. It is being taught by some new UFO cult? Also, I'm curious where this mysterious "NASA footage" can be found. A UFO the size of Jupiter near the Sun would be visible to the naked eye and disturb the orbits of all the inner planets including Earth. So where are they? Do they have some sort of cloaking device? Does it block the effects of gravity too?

At any rate, I've never understood why anyone would want to follow a deity so bent on carnage and destruction, space alien or not. The good thing is that as there's no evidence the Rapture will never happen, we seem to be safe from the Reapers for now.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

4 comments:

Kratos said...

Probably is someone like me that likes to write fictional stories out of any crazy idea to prove that our imagination and creativity can transform it into something even crazier. Although schizophrenia is also a possibility

Scott Stenwick said...

I'd like to think it's fiction, that's for sure. It's scary to think that there are people walking around out there who believe this is really going to happen. Still, I suppose delusion knows no bounds.

Nerd said...

Yeah really, I already reject Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. Why would it be any different then?

Scott Stenwick said...

Maybe since we practice magick there's some kind of spell that would let us control the Reapers. That would be pretty cool. But yeah, otherwise we're pretty much screwed.