Friday, July 15, 2016

Ten Years of Augoeides

Looking over some of my older posts this last weekend, I realized that I missed marking an important milestone. As of last month, I've been blogging here at Augoeides for ten years, since June of 2006. Back then I had no idea it would keep going for as long as it has, or that it would generate any interest at all. I just wanted to share what I knew about how magick works and snark on news stories that touched on spirituality and the paranormal.

During the last decade, I've traditionally published three books and written a couple more that I hope to be able to make available one of these days. I also have contributed to two excellent anthologies and released one self-published eBook. If you're interested in picking any of those up, you can find the links to order them on the right sidebar. And if you hate Amazon, which is completely understandable, there are even alternatives.

Augoeides is completely free, and after experimenting with hosting Google ads years ago, I vowed I would never do it again. So the only income this site generates is indirect, through book sales, and if you like the site and want to support it that's how to do it. Being a published author has taught me that I truly hate doing marketing and promotion work, so this is one of the few times you'll hear me make anything resembling a sales pitch.

If you haven't done so already, I invite you to check out my author web site. It's down on the right sidebar along with the rest of my blogroll, but it's easy to miss. I don't post as often there and usually everything I put up has to do with new book releases and so forth. But I'm thinking about increasing the posting over there as well, talking specifically about writing and my writing process.

At the same time, I'm happy to report that I'm still having fun doing this, and I expect that Augoeides will be around for the foreseeable future. If nothing else, the goal of putting up 15-20 posts a month forces me to write at least every couple of days. That's a good discipline, because the more you write, the better you get. At present I've put up almost 1500 posts here, and will probably pass that mark in a couple of months.

So today, with Augoeides ten years and a little over one month old, I would like to take a minute to thank everyone who has supported and enjoyed this site over the years. I hope that you've been able to learn from the magical techniques I've shared, and I also hope that you've been informed and amused by my sometimes unique take on the news of the day.

The world is a weirder and more magical place than our conventional cultural narrative likes to assert, and I very much enjoy being able to shed some light into some its more obscure corners.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

No comments: